Saturday, June 18, 2016

DCC...or maybe not...

The replacement Digitrax decoder came in the mail Friday.

I immediately put it in the SD9.

It ran about as well on the pulse power as the Pacific did, so I called that one a win and turned on the DCC system. The decoder programmed and all seemed well...until it was time to run the beastie.

The lights came on (in the wrong direction) but the locomotive would barely crawl. I checked the programming several times to no avail.

So I pulled it out of the SD9 and put it in a Model Power Mikado. Same deal, it programmed just fine but it wouldn't move the loco at all.

So I pulled it back out and gave up on ever getting a decoder in the SD9.

I've been told I set the speeds wrong, so I'll put it back in the Mikado and try it again when I have time. If it still doesn't work I wonder if Digitrax will take it back again...

No comments: