Friday, September 30, 2016

DCC'ing

I have four Digitrax decoders.

I put one into a Minitrix K4. It doesn't work. I open it up and find the black wire has somehow gotten cut and is touching the gray wire. D'oh!!!

I have three Digitrax decoders.

I install one in a Minitrix K4. It doesn't work. I open it up and can find nothing wrong. I remove it and the locomotive still doesn't work. I clean the motor brushes and now it works. I give up on this Minitrix K4.

I may have three Digitrax decoders.

I install the suspect one into a Bachmann Spectrum N&W J class. It works. I am happy.

I have two Digitrax decoders and a locomotive with DCC.

I install one into a different Minitrix K4. It works. I am happy. I also now have four Pennsylvania Railroad locomotives with DCC; two Bachmann GP7's with factory decoders, one Model Power Mikado that I got the bugs worked out of last weekend, and the K4.



No comments: