Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Oops

 I've lost one of the tower gears for the Cotton Brute. 

I had removed the trucks to replace the wiring. I had used a rather stiff wire and wanted to replace it with the more flexible wire that came in since the last time I updated the blog. I put the new wire on, and when it was time to remount the trucks I only had one gear instead of two. Hours of frantic search proved to be fruitless, this gear has departed for the same place as Micro Trains coupler springs and 10mm sockets.

Fortunately one of the club members has a donor loco that I can scavenge parts off of. Furthermore, it appears as if Marklin, who now owns MiniTrix, actually still has gears for these locos. I have ordered some, but just in case they aren't the right ones, or don't arrive in time, I will be picking up the donor loco tomorrow. If I need to rob a gear from it I can replace it when the ones come in from Germany.

All I have left is to fit and wire the decoder and speaker, so hopefully it won't take me a great deal of time. Either way, I will finish Cotton Brute off this weekend in time for its debut in Danville.

No comments: