Sunday, July 17, 2016

I've Been Working

The other day Mrs Hades asked me to clear off some bookshelves that I had under the train table so that she could use them.

This led to a multi-hour cleaning and repacking session which culminated in my taking apart the pedestal for the long-gone 4x8 layout.

At which point Mrs Hades asked if I could build a work table out of the old pedestal, and when I said I could she insisted I do so.

This gave me a place to put all the clutter that was on the layout itself, so for the first time in a pretty long time there is nothing on the layout table that will not eventually find a permanent home there.

Just in time, too, because the second of my Pennsylvania Minitrix K4 locomotives arrived the other day, along with a new set of Bachmann tender trucks to put on it.

So now I have a semi-matched pair of Minitrix K4 locomotives. The new one doesn't run as smoothly as the old one so I may end up putting the motor kit that I have on order into it instead of the one I ordered it for.

Today I cleaned and lubricated the trucks on the SD7 and got it to run like it should and repainted the tender and streamlining boards on the newest Model Power Pacific. I think I'm going to paint those side boards red to match the Bachmann J class, I think it would be a good look for that locomotive.

A pretty good week for playing with trains.


No comments: