Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Here Comes Another One

I acquired another Minitrix K4, this one in Santa Fe livery instead of PRR.

The only difference between this one and the two previous ones is this one only has a single wire connection to the locomotive (even though the second wire's hole is present on the back of the locomotive cab) with the front truck conduction being handled by way of a stiff wire to the locomotives trailing truck. Either way it suffers from the same pickup woes as its sisters, and when I attempted to remove the tender shell I found it had been glued to the tender frame.

Fortunately for me these locomotives have long been kitbashing fodder, so there are more than a few orphaned tenders out there, and without a great deal of effort I managed to get one. I shaved off the extra detail on the pilot as I had done with my previous locomotive and installed the replacement tender, which was painted in the Pennsylvania Railroad livery, and with a quick bit of IPA the lettering came off the cab, so I now have three PRR K4 locomotives.

I think I will spend some time on this one to see how good I can make it look.

No comments: