Wednesday, September 26, 2018

The Sawmill

My Shapeways order got here last week, so I finally got a chance to do some building.

I started with the saloon which I have named the Sawmill because that is the name of my aunt's bar and grille in New Market, Iowa. Stop in there for the best tenderloin in Southwest Iowa!

Just like the rest of the layout the model does not resemble the prototype in any meaningful way, but I like it anyway. It takes its place on the layout next to the Yarn Vault.

 This is a preliminary picture I took while I was getting everything in place, just to make sure it was all going to fit like I wanted it to.

 On the prototype there is a walk-in cooler in the left front corner where the video game is and the bar is right next to that. There really wasn't enough room to duplicate the actual floor layout so I put the bar on the back wall instead. It looks good there I think. Of course most of this detail is lost when the building is in place since you won't really be able to get down to street level to see it. But the cellphone camera can!




Once I finish the furniture store the DPM buildings from the reclaimed layout will be complete on the main street. There are still two more reclaimed buildings on a side street left to do, and then I have two corner turret buildings to do and last but not least the manufactory. Once those are done the main street buildings will be done and I can turn my attentions to the parking lots and sidewalks in and around them can be done. After that the train stations need to be finished, and then maybe I can be done with it.

Maybe.

No comments: