Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Kudos

I have mentioned the Woodland Scenics Just Plug system before in previous posts, and I have mentioned that I have bought three of the lighting hubs with broken knobs. I ordered some potentiometers through Mouser and when they got here I replaced the broken ones on one of the three hubs. The replacement pots work great, but unfortunately the knobs are a bit short.

On the other two hubs I elected to contact Woodland Scenics to see if I could get them repaired. They sent me a mailing label and I shipped them off. Today the two repaired hubs returned to me with brand new functioning knobs. The total cost of repair to myself, including shipping, was nothing. I probably should have just sent all three in instead of replacing the pots on the one myself. I'll be sending them all in now.

The  new hubs are now installed on the layout ready to be used to light up the last of the recycled DPM buildings. I have one new turret building to complete and two recycled ones and then the downtown buildings will be done and ready to have their gravel parking lots installed.

Anyway, kudos on Woodland Scenics for standing behind their products.

On a totally unrelated note, I have two Kato Mikado 3D printed drawbars on their way, hopefully this will cure the issues with the one I have.

No comments: