Thursday, December 20, 2018

Video Break



I did some more running with the train club last weekend.

I got the two Mikes matched back up and ran them all day, this time they ran beautifully together and got a lot of attention. The PRR didn't ever have any USRA heavy Mikados like the Kato that leads in the video, but they had 38 USRA light Mikados (designated the L2) like the Model Power in the trailing position, and even kept five of them after the USRA relinquished control of the railroads. Look carefully and you will see that the MP light Mike is even painted Brunswick Green.

N&W 611 also did a couple of laps around the layout, but unfortunately 601 was sidelined with the same shorting problems it had experienced before. Parts are on order to repair it once more, it seems like that's all I've done with that loco since I've owned it. That is a real shame, too, because I really like having a J class that is not 611.

I also ran the PRR K4 with a full compliment of passenger cars and the Southern doodlebug made an outing with it's trailer. Fortunately I had no exploding couplers this time, although I did still have a number of 6 wheel passenger trucks that didn't want to keep all of their wheels. I have about a half dozen of them that only carry two of the three axles in one or both trucks. Fortunately they are all the outside axles, the middle ones are the ones that tend to drop out.

Any day you can play trains is a good one.

No comments: