Saturday, March 9, 2019

More Projects

I have a few things on their way today.

First up is a couple of locomotive kits from Republic for that Marklin ten-wheeler chassis I told you about at the end of my last post. There aren't any ten-wheeler specific kits that I am aware of, so I ordered a C-16 kit that I am hoping to modify to fit and a Mogul kit that I have no idea what I'm going to do with but I liked it so I went ahead and ordered it. I'll have to come up with another chassis for it I guess, but it will be the 8803 series with a tender instead of the 8895 tank loco that the kit calls for. It's the same chassis, just a different bottom plate, so it will work fine.

I also ordered a pair of Southern Digital frames and decoders for one of the Life-Like PA1/PB1 Erie locomotive pairs that I have. When they get here I will use them to convert my slowest pair of locomotives, I have three sets to choose from and if I screw them up I would rather lose the set that doesn't play well with the others. If they work well I will order four more of each and convert the other two sets as well, then they can be speed matched and made to run together. I may actually end up selling one set since I have two with the same numbers, in that case I don't know if I will bother converting them or not.

I am glad to see Southern Digital makes these frames, since Aztec closed up shop they are the only game in town. I knew about Aztec frames but was completely unaware of Southern Digital, so discovering them was a happy occurrence. They also have frames for the Life Like SD7/9 that I have already converted, but I might have to order one just to see what it is all about.

With all of this in addition to the kits I already have and the modules I need to build, along with whatever Mrs Hades wants me to get done I have enough projects to last me until doomsday, I think.

No comments: