Friday, June 13, 2008

Reference Materials

I have just ordered my copy of "Narrow Gauge in the Sherman's Valley" which seems to be the history of the Newport and Sherman's Valley Railroad. As I said in my previous post, the plan for the Path Valley Railroad uses the NSV as it's seed.

There was an earlier book, "Bells and Whistles in Old Perry", that I have seen once on Ebay but didn't feel as if it was worth the $100 asking price. I don't know if this is an update, a reprint, or a completely different book.

I have been a longtime fan of the EBT, but I haven't ventured as far east as Newport or the Sherman's Valley to see the lay of the land. My next trip to Pennsylvania will include the NSV's locale as well as the purchase of a topographical map of the area.

Until then I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my new book!

No comments: